SPRING 2023 CHEER REGISTRATION
Please read carefully before registering
All registration fees include weekly practices and weekend games. Cheerleaders will be responsible for the purchase of the Cheer uniform, maroon briefs, white socks, cheer bow, cheer shoes (all white tennis shoes), long sleeve black top and black leggings for colder games.
Sideline Cheerleading: Rising K – 5th graders
$125 Registration Fee
We divide our cheerleaders into grade-level teams; however, we will move cheerleaders up and down to fill teams, as needed. ALL cheerleaders of the 2022 Spring Cheer season will cheer only at the Grizzly Sports Complex (10600 Determination Drive, Nokesville, VA). This eliminates the need to travel for our cheerleaders. The program registration fee covers the fees associated with the Park Authority, insurance, practice rental space, etc.
*Note: The purchase of the uniform is an additional expense and is purchased by the parent(s).
For all of our cheerleaders, parents will need to purchase the uniform through Omni Cheer, https://www.omnicheer.com. The uniform information below will also be sent via email. Please contact Cheer Admin (Shari Lutton,
) for any questions. The uniform is the parent's responsibility to order and will be sent for embroidery on (date to be confirmed). If you are late, you will be charged extra for the embroidery.
- Chassé Blaze Shell Top #452PTM, in Maroon/White/Metallic Silver- $31.99
- Chassé Blaze Skirt #453SKM, in Maroon/White/Metallic Silver - $30.49
- Chassé Flip sock with megaphone and stripe in maroon #IS101 - $4.99
- Chassé Jumbo 3 Color Hair Bow #AC338, in Maroon - $7.99
- Chassé Boy-Cut Brief #BR200, in Maroon - $7.99
You can join our Facebook page after registration to purchase previously worn uniforms from a former cheerleader (if possible). The page is Official Gainesville-Haymarket Grizzly (GHYFL) Cheer Program.
PRACTICES AND GAMES
The location and time of practice are determined by the Head Cheer Coach. We are not able to accommodate requests for your practice nights or practice location. Potential locations (but not limited to) for practice include local elementary/middle schools or The Grizzly Sports Complex. Practices will begin the week of March 28th and games begin April 17th, and the season will extend until mid-June.
- March 28th practice starts
- Sunday, April 16th (Week 1)
- Sunday, April 23rd (Week 2)
- Sunday, April 30th (Week 3)
- Sunday, May 7th (Week 4)
- Sunday, May 14th (Week 5)
- Sunday, May 21st (Week 6)
- Sunday, May 28th (Memorial Day Weekend / No Games)
- Sunday, June 4th (Week 7)
- Monday, June 5th - Friday, June 9th (Playoffs)
- Sunday, June 11th (Championship Games)
Squad assignments are made the week prior to the first practice. We would love to form a cheer squad for every football team; however, this typically is not possible because the number of squads formed is dependent upon the availability of cheer coaches as well as the number of registered cheerleaders. There will be approximately 10 girls per squad.
All Cheerleader registration is done online at the Grizzly website. Register here.
- Online registration accepts VISA and MasterCard. First Cheerleader registration fee is as listed on the registration page; thereafter, each Cheerleader will receive a $10 discount if they are registered at the same time.
- Participants who register late or do not order the uniform promptly upon registering may experience a delay in receiving the GHYFL cheer uniform from Omni Cheer. Cheerleaders will not be eligible to cheer until they receive their uniforms.
- Registration fees go towards Park Authority fees, FCYFL dues, and insurance fees.
- GHYFL has a NO REFUND policy.