FALL 2021 CHEER REGISTRATION
Please read carefully before registering
All registration fees include weekly practices and weekend games. Cheerleaders will be responsible for the purchase of the Cheer uniform, maroon briefs, white socks, cheer bow, cheer shoes (all white tennis shoes), long sleeve black top and black leggings for colder games.
Sideline Cheerleading: Rising K – 5th graders
$100 Registration Fee
We divide our cheerleaders into grade-level teams; however, we will move cheerleaders up and down to fill teams, as needed. ALL cheerleaders of the 2021 Fall Cheer season will cheer only at the Grizzly Sports Complex (10600 Determination Drive, Nokesville, VA). This eliminates the need to travel for our cheerleaders. The program registration fee covers the fees associated with the Park Authority, insurance, practice rental space, etc.
*Note: The purchase of the uniform is an additional expense and is purchased by the parent(s).
For all of our cheerleaders, parents will need to purchase the uniform through Omni Cheer, https://www.omnicheer.com. The uniform information below will also be sent via email. Please contact Cheer Admin (Shari Lutton,
) for any questions. The uniform is the parent's responsibility to order and will be sent for embroidery on (date to be confirmed). If you are late, you will be charged extra for the embroidery.
- Chassé Blaze Shell Top #452PTM, in Maroon/White/Metallic Silver- $28.99
- Chassé Blaze Skirt #453SKM, in Maroon/White/Metallic Silver - $28.99
- Chassé Flip sock with megaphone and stripe in maroon #IS101 - $3.99
- Chassé Jumbo 3 Color Hair Bow #AC338, in Maroon - $5.99
- Chassé Boy-Cut Brief #BR200, in Maroon - $5.99
You can join our Facebook page after registration to purchase previously worn uniforms from a former cheerleader (if possible). The page is Official Gainesville-Haymarket Grizzly (GHYFL) Cheer Program.
PRACTICES AND GAMES
The location and time of practice are determined by the Head Cheer Coach. We are not able to accommodate requests for your practice nights or practice location. Potential locations (but not limited to) for practice include local elementary/middle schools or The Grizzly Sports Complex. Practices will begin the week of August 16th and games begin September 4th, and the season will extend until early November.
- August 16th practice starts
- Saturday, September 4th (Labor Day Clash)
- Saturday, September 11th (Alex’s Army Bowl)
- Saturday, September 18th (Week 1)
- Saturday, September 25th (Week 2)
- Saturday, October 2nd (Week 3)
- Saturday, October 9th (Week 4)
- Saturday, October 16th (Week 5)
- Saturday, October 23rd (Week 6)
- Saturday, October 30th (Week 7)
- Saturday, November 6th (Playoffs)
- Saturday, November 13th (Championship)
Squad assignments are made the week prior to the first practice. We would love to form a cheer squad for every football team; however, this typically is not possible because the number of squads formed is dependent upon the availability of cheer coaches as well as the number of registered cheerleaders. There will be approximately 10 girls per squad.
Registration fees do not cover all the costs associated with running the league. In an attempt to keep registration fees at a reasonable amount, sponsorships and fundraising is an essential component of being part of the Grizzly family. You can choose to opt out of this process during registration. If you do not opt-out, you will be required to sell raffle tickets during the season.
All Cheerleader registration is done online at the Grizzly website. Register here.
- Online registration accepts VISA and MasterCard. First Cheerleader registration fee is as listed on the registration page; thereafter, each Cheerleader will receive a $10 discount if they are registered at the same time.
- Participants who register late or do not order the uniform promptly upon registering may experience a delay in receiving the GHYFL cheer uniform from Omni Cheer. Cheerleaders will not be eligible to cheer until they receive their uniforms.
- Registration fees go towards Park Authority fees, FCYFL dues, and insurance fees.
- GHYFL has a NO REFUND policy.